- Philadelphia, PA
Dr. Leaks is a Philadelphia area company focused on residential leak detection and repair. Covering plumbing, roofing, and building envelope leaks, we are a full-service company that handles the entire process from detection to cosmetic repairs. We are a highly organized, quickly growing company, so there is a lot of organizational support and company processes that are aimed to make your job easier, as well as plenty of opportunities for career advancement as we grow.
This role is for a Leak Repair Technician, and your primary responsibility will be to perform a wide variety of repairs (carpentry, roofing, plumbing, waterproofing, metal flashing, and capping fabrication and installation), while managing the job site and documenting your work electronically. The ideal candidate has 10 years of trades experience or more, ideally experience with leak repairs, and self-managing job sites and projects. Ideal candidate is tired of the daily grind of hustling for their own leads and dealing with customer service nightmares, or working a deadend low-ceiling job.
- Performing repairs in areas such as: carpentry, roofing, plumbing, metal flashing and capping fabrication and installation, siding, waterproofing
- Managing their job-site and others, as needed
- Purchasing materials and adding receipts to Buildertrend
- Documenting the full repair process in photos and a written daily log
- Answering any on-site client questions
- Managing time and materials on projects to ensure estimates are met
- Effectively communicating the need for changes to the office and client
- 10 years’ experience (more experience is a bonus) in construction; carpentry, roofing, tile, waterproofing, and plumbing
- Owns hand/power tools (specialty tools provided)
- Owns reliable truck/van (company vehicle provided, if needed, after probationary period)
- Ability to confidently execute repairs based on a set of written instructions and photos/videos
- Ability to work independently
- Reliable, honest, team player
- Comfortable communicating both with clients and other tradesmen
Pay & Benefits
- Full-Time, $30-$45 per hour depending on experience
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Paid Vacation Time (PTO) (X-Mas-New Year)
- 401k/other retirement
- Salaried opportunities
- Year-round work
- Gas card for company vehicle
- Company Cell Phone
- Uniforms (at no cost)
- Specialty equipment provided (at no cost)
- Paid Travel Time during work hours (as applicable)
- Huge growth opportunities as the company grows, from salary increases, to management roles, to new roles created by expanding markets.
Why Work at Dr. Leaks
- Leave work at work: When your day is over, it’s over — we’ll never ask you to take your work home with you or worry about it on your personal time.
- Work independently: We don’t believe in micromanagement. We trust our team’s expertise and leave it to you to do the job in the way you know is best.
- Huge potential for growth: We are a small but quickly growing company. As we expand to the suburbs and beyond, there will be massive opportunities for growth in raises, promotions, and entirely new roles.
- Administrative support: We handle all the logistics and admin so you can just focus on your work. Our highly organized process aims to make your job as easy and stress-free as possible.
- Learn more about our company culture
About the Company
- Dr. Leaks is Philadelphia’s best leak detection and repair company — we handle roofing, plumbing, and building envelope leaks, and our proven process results in many satisfied, leak-free customers. We take pride in being thorough and in supporting our customers during a stressful time in their lives.
- We have big plans to expand beyond city limits to the suburbs and to new markets — that means that if you join our team, you’ll be a part of a stable, ambitious company with tremendous growth opportunities and comprehensive benefits.