- Full-time, $20-30 per hour (depending on experience and training needed)
- Philadelphia, PA
Dr. Leaks is a Philadelphia area company focused on residential leak detection and repair. Covering plumbing, roofing, and building envelope leaks, we are a full-service company that handles the entire process from detection to cosmetic repairs. We are a highly organized, quickly growing company, so there is a lot of organizational support and company processes that are aimed to make your job easier, as well as plenty of opportunities for career advancement as we grow.
This role is for a Leak Repair Assistant, and your primary responsibility will be to assist with a wide variety of repairs (carpentry, roofing, plumbing, waterproofing, metal flashing, and capping fabrication and installation). Occasionally, you’ll work independently on a job site, which could include: purchasing materials and tracking receipts, documenting your repairs with photos, and answering client questions on-site.
You should have at least 5 years of experience in construction: carpentry, roofing, tile waterproofing, and/or plumbing. Experience working with water leaks is fantastic but not required. You should be able to confidently execute repairs based on written instructions and photos or videos.
The ideal candidate is relatively tech-savvy, equally comfortable talking to tradesmen and clients, and is reliable, communicative, and a quick learner. You should be able to work independently to problem solve on a project but know when to reach out to the Lead for help with a tough situation. Ideally, you’re looking to hone your existing skill set over the course of a few years and step into the Lead Technician role.
- Assist with leak repairs: carpentry, roofing, plumbing, metal flashing and capping fabrication and installation.
- Acquiring or setting up equipment to use for repairs
- Documenting the repair process with photo and video
- Uploading documentation to Buildertrend
- Good communication skills
- 5 years of experience in construction
- Experience in at least one of the following areas: carpentry, roofing, tile waterproofing, or plumbing
- Owns a reliable truck or van and tools
- Able to execute repairs based on written instructions, photos, and/or videos
- Able to work independently
- Extra credit, but not required: Previous experience working in Buildertrend or with Endurit systems, or torch-down roofing experience
Pay & Benefits
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Paid Vacation Time (PTO)
- Overtime opportunities
- Year-round work
- Gas card for company travel
- Growth opportunities as the company expands. There is a path to progress to Lead Tech, then Field Manager, and beyond.
Why Work at Dr. Leaks?
- Leave work at work: When your day is over, it’s over — we’ll never ask you to take your work home with you or worry about it on your personal time.
- Work independently: We believe in supporting our team, but not micromanaging. We trust our team’s expertise and leave it to you to do the job in the way you know is best.
- Huge potential for growth: We are a small but quickly growing company. As we expand to the suburbs and beyond, there will be massive opportunities for growth in raises, promotions, and entirely new roles.
- Learn more about our company culture
About the Company
Dr. Leaks is Philadelphia’s best leak detection and repair company — we handle roofing, plumbing, and building envelope leaks, and our proven process results in many satisfied, leak-free customers. We take pride in being thorough and in supporting our customers during a stressful time in their lives.
We have big plans to expand beyond city limits to the suburbs and to new markets — that means that if you join our team, you’ll be a part of a stable, ambitious company with tremendous growth opportunities and comprehensive benefits.